Working hands are the noblest.
But of course, they need a little more loving.
How can you perform your daily activities when you’re not at all comfortable with your hands, especially when they are rough and dry?
When you have this kind of hands, what you need for sure is a hand cream.
Hand creams are one of the products that really help a lot especially for people with dry and rough hands. They are a great moisturizer and they make your hands feel good when they are applied.
But hand creams can be a bit of a headache especially because some of them are a bit pricey for your budget. Some even have unreasonable prices!
Why not make your own hand cream then?
You can make your own hand cream recipe and come up with your very own product to use.
It’s not that difficult. You just have to be really creative, determined, and patient. And you just need to do the steps below.
What You Need
- A heat-proof bowl
- A small pot with a tap water
- A spatula
- A hand-held mixer
- ¼ ounce beeswax
- ¼ ounce vegetable wax’
- 1-1/2 ounces distilled water
- 2 ounces sweet almond oil
- ½ ounce shea butter
- Essential oil of your choice (recommended oils are ylang-ylang, patchouli, lavender, tea tree, and lemongrass)
How to Make Your Own Hand Cream
1. Clean all the tools that you will be using before anything else. Clean utensils are a must since you are creating a skin product. There is no room for germs to be included in your hand cream.
2. Using a scale, measure all your ingredients carefully.
3. Pour the beeswax and emulsify the wax and the almond oil.
4. Carry the small pot with a tap water and place it over the hot water until it simmers and the wax is melted.
5. Do not stir it. Just let it be until you notice that the wax is settling in the spatula and hardening.
6. While you are waiting for the wax to completely melt, do not do something else. Chances are, you might forget what you are doing and it will be too late when you realize that the wax is overheating.
7. Once the wax is melted, remove the bowl from the pot and wait until the melted wax cools down.
8. This is optional but you can incorporate a shea butter and pour the melted wax while you keep the spatula in the wax mixture.
9. Start stirring it but make sure that you do it slowly. Next, pour it in the water. Do this in a careful and steady way.
10. Keep stirring and scraping the sides of the bowl until you will notice the mixture thickening and turning nearly white.
11. Add your essential oil of choice.
12. Wait until the wax looks like a creamy mayonnaise and you are reading to store it in a freezer.
13. You can now finally use it after it’s cooled down. Apply it on your skin and enjoy its relaxing feel.
Now, if you want another recipe, here’s a great hand cream idea. It’s called a beeswax ointment hand saver.
This hand saver is literally a hand saver because it does great things to your hands. It’s even a recommended product if you are someone who works hard at a garden because of its waterproof feature.
What You Need
- ½ ounce shea butter or emu oil
- A couple drops of tea tree essential oil
- A couple drops lavender essential oil
- 2 ounces of natural beeswax
- 4 ounces almond oil
How to Make Your Own Beeswax Ointment Hand Saver
1. Basically, you need to follow the hand cream recipe explained above. Place the oil and the wax into a bowl of the water and start heating it. Wait until the wax is melted to proceed to the next step.
2. Take it away from the heat and start stirring the contents until you will see that it’s already starting to get thicker.
3. Take your essential oils and mix them with the content. Then, stir until you will see the ointment slowly getting thick.
4. Pour them into a clean jar.
5. Now, if you only have a repurposed container with you, that will be fine. Just wash it thoroughly in a warm water with soap. Shake it and dry.
6. And then you are ready to use it and apply it on your skin. It is best to use this before you get into your garden action.
And if you love almond, you can also make your own version of an almond hand cream. Here’s what you just need to do.
- ½ cup of almond oil
- ¼ cup of rosewater
- ¼ cup of beeswax
- ½ cup of coconut oil
How to make Your Own Almond Hand Cream
1. Put the beeswax in a double boiler and start heating it.
2. When the beeswax is already starting to melt, you can add the almond oil.
3. Start stirring it and then add the cup of coconut oil.
4. Next, mix the cup of rosewater and then stir again until you’ll notice that all the ingredients are already well-blended.
5. If you do not have a rosewater, you can make your own version by simmering a cup of fresh rose petals in a distilled water. Wait until 10 minutes, then strain the petals from the water.
6. When the hand cream is completely melted, gently pour it into a container. A mason jar will be an ideal container for this. While it is still hot, wait until it becomes hard and firm.
7. To make the process quicker, place it in the freezer.
8. Start using it. Enjoy a lovely, warm sensation by applying it on your hands.
There’s nothing more satisfying than making your own product. These hand cream recipes are totally worth the effort because the hand cream products do not just make your skin softer and smoother but you’ll get a sense of accomplishment when you are done making them.