Hand creams and lotions have always been our go-to products whenever we need something that would moisturize and soften our skin.
Apart from moisturizing the skin, there are a lot of benefits that we can get from hand creams and these include protecting our skin from getting sunburned and renewing its cells, otherwise known as cell regeneration.
Hand creams, especially when incorporated with a lot of essential oils, give you more benefits than you can expect. They not only give your skin comfort but they also treat several skin diseases like psoriasis, skin inflammation, skin breakouts, sun spots, and scars.
There are several brands that we can buy at various stores. Some of them are a little bit pricey, though. Some are also made with chemicals that we are not familiar with. That’s why one of the best options we have is to do it our own. Yes, it’s very possible!
Below are the ingredients that are needed to be able to produce your DIY homemade hand cream and the steps to guide you.
- ½ cup Almond oil (or any liquid oil)
- ¼ cup beeswax
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon shea butter
- Essential oils of your choice (You can use vanilla extracts if you want a lovely and relaxing scent)
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
1. Prepare your needed tools and utensils and clean them to get rid of germs. This is important because you have to keep your product clean in order to have great results to the skin.
2. Make a combination of almond oil (or any liquid oil available), beeswax, and coconut oil by mixing them together in a double boiler. If you have a glass bowl, that would be a good alternative.
3. Boil the ingredients and wait until they are melted. While waiting, occasionally stir it in order to mix the ingredients well.
4. Once the ingredients are fully melted, take the vitamin E oil and pour it into the melted ingredients. Also, add your essential oil extracts like the vanilla extracts to add an aromatic scent to the product.
5. Once they are combined together, pour them into a jar or a glass container. If you want an ideal jar for this, use an 8-ounce mason jar.
6. Wait until the ingredients are cooled down. If you want to hasten the cooling process, place the finished product in a freezer.
7. Once your hand cream is ready, you can now finally use it to your skin. Rub it on your hands, arms, legs, backs, shoulders, or chest.
8. Expect a moisturizing and relaxing effect. This DIY hand cream is oilier compared to water-based hand creams so you do not have to use it often. You can also expect it to have longer shelf life and independent of water.
This DIY hand cream best works for babies who experience diaper rashes. It is also a great hand cream choice for those who have stretch marks and eczema.
For approximately 6 months, you can enjoy using this homemade hand cream and benefit well from it.
Aloe Based Homemade Lotion
The procedure of this hand cream is much easier compared to the steps above. Here are the ingredients that you need to come up with your very own version of an aloe based hand cream:
- 1 ½ tablespoon beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- Essential oils of choice (You can opt anything but for a recommendation, you can try 10 drops of Geranium and 5 drops of Lime. You can also try a combination of rose and geranium oil if you want to get rid of dry skin or a combination of grapefruit, lemon, and lavender oil if you want to feel rejuvenated.)
1. Clean all the utensils, bowls, and tools that you are going to use before anything else.
2. Take your beeswax pastilles and all the oils in the ingredients and start melting them using a double boiler. You can choose a microwave if you prefer it. Make sure to keep the fire on low heat.
3. Once the ingredients are all melted, remove them from the heat and transfer them to a blender. If you have a mason jar, it’s an ideal one to pour the melted ingredients to so it remains a little oily.
4. Wait for a few minutes until it cools down. Make sure that the air around you is in its room temperature so that the hand cream will emulsify correctly. If you want to make it a lot faster, place it in a freezer.
5. Once cooled and firm, start blending it in an immersion blender. Then start adding the aloe vera gel and the Vitamin E oil in a slow manner. Using a spatula, wipe down the sides and blend it again for about a few minutes until it’s the added oils are completely mixed to your ingredients all together.
6. Take a glass jar, store your blended finished product into it, and place it in the fridge. Wait for several more weeks until it is ready to use. Rub it on your hands, arms, legs, backs, shoulders, or chest
7. Expect a hydrating, relaxing feel when using this homemade product. This DIY hand cream is best for people with eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and even painful joints.
See, it’s easy!
Now that you know how to make your own hand cream, you are ready to make as many as you can. You can even make a profit out of them by selling them after you notice good results. They can even be great ideas for birthday presents to your loved ones.
Homemade hand creams are easily done and they save you money, too. The ingredients are easy to find and the tools you need are just around the kitchen. Although you need a good amount of patience, hard work, and determination to able to come up with your very own homemade hand cream, the amazing finished product is so worth it.